Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Craft Activism @The Loop & Leaf

Granny Greenbag, photo by Gale Zucker

FIELD TRIP!!! On Saturday I'll be traveling up the coast to Santa Barbara. I'm appearing with author, Joan Tapper at the Loop & Leaf Yarn Shop for a book signing and lecture. I'll be talking about my chapter in the book, "Craft Activism" and how crocheted granny squares are the building blocks to fashion! Joan will be talking about the entire book, "people, ideas and projects from the new community of handmade and how you can join in."
I do not have the original Granny Greenbag tote that I crocheted for the book, but I have many similar projects that I will be bringing along to show how versatile the modular granny square can be in fashioning household items and clothing.
I visited Loop & Leaf in May 2010 with my yarny friends for a photography workshop for knitters given by the photographer of "Craft Activism," Gale Zucker. It was a great day. We learned a lot and it was wonderful just being in the Loop & Leaf environment. The shop is located just off the main drag near downtown Santa Barbara in a charming little house filled with delicious yarn! I'm really looking forward to this event.
Here are a few of the items I'll probably bring for the trunk show.

Bucket Bag Version of Granny Greenbag Tote
Babette Granny Afghan
Small Granny Tote
Lace Granny Panel
Granny Pillows

Mosaic Granny AfghanGranny Beret

So, if you're in the Santa Barbara area on Saturday, drop by the Loop & Leaf Yarn Shop for a granny-a-go-go extravaganza!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 12:40 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ellen. Santa Barbara knitters are lucky folks this weekend!

Hugs,
Christine G.

 
At 1:44 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, during my post-surgery downtime I actually picked up the crochet hook for the first time in a couple years! Seeing all your granny square work is an inspiration. Especially love that afghan!

 
At 2:03 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Awww...thanks, Christine and Marielle! Remember, granny squares are the building blocks to fashion! Go for it!

 
At 4:22 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

Ooh, wish I could be there to see all those creations up close. Have fun!

 
At 5:26 PM PDT, Blogger Barbara said...

Fellow granny lover!! Wish I could be there.

 
At 5:31 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, Barbara!!! Grannies Rule!

 
At 7:46 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Seeing all these projects in one post is amazing, Ellen! So inspiring.

 
At 2:45 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Looks like fun!! I might have to try to score myself a road trip to SB this weekend. Congrats on the book, too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery