Thursday, September 08, 2016

Winter Knitting

Noro-Brigo Cardigan

Yes, I know. There really isn't a winter in Los Angeles. It does get cold at night. Sometimes. Last winter I started knitting a top-down cardigan, but then it just got too hot to have that heavy wool sitting in my lap for any length of time. I was busy over the summer making cotton dishcloths and cotton blend tops.
The Yoke is striped with Noro and Malabrigo in garter stitch

OK, Labor Day is over. No more white shoes. Time for winter knits! I've decided to finish my Noro-Brigo Cardigan (Ravelry link).  I still love the colors and the squishiness of this beautiful yarn (Malabrigo Rios and Noro SIlk Garden).
Slip Stitch Body

I'm almost done with the body of the cardigan. The top part is solid garter stitch, with some striping on the yoke (Noro and Malabrigo). The bottom of the sweater is an easy slip stitch pattern. I like the vertical lines. I'll probably rib the sleeves to correspond to the slip stitch pattern. I want to do something like this on the cuffs, Sally Melville's Reverse Stockinet and Ribbed Edging:
Click to Embiggen
If I work on this cardigan non-stop, maybe I can finish it before our trip to Port Townsend in a couple of weeks.  It should be a bit chilly up there! 

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM PDT, Blogger RossK said...

Late September can be a really, really beautiful time of year up here in the Northwest.

Here's hoping that holds true for you this year!

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery