Tuesday, October 25, 2016

It's All About the Hat

Hats and Masks are crucial for a great costume!

Halloween is near! Is your costume ready? We always have a theme at our West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch Spooktacular. This year's theme is Mythology: Gods, Goddesses & Magical Creatures.  Pick your Pantheon and make the most mystical and magical costume ever. There are three categories for the Costume Contest:
  1. Best of Mythology: God, Goddess or Magical Creature
  2. Most Original
  3. Best Use of Yarn
Larry always comes up with a good hat or mask!

I've been working on the hat portion of my costume for a couple of weeks. I have a few more finishing touches to add, but I'm basically done. The clothing and accessories portion of the costume are still a work in progress!
I've been fascinated by this Pagoda Hat pattern (1938) for YEARS!  One of these days, I'll crochet it. This hat has always reminded me of Hop Louie's in Chinatown!
The Pagoda Hat reminds me of Hop Louie's

We would LOVE it if you would attend our WeHo Stitch 'n Witch Spooktacular! It's this coming Thursday, October 27th, 2016 from 7-9pm in the upstairs dining area at the Original Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax. You don't have to wear a costume, but a hat or mask is preferred. BRING TREATS TO SHARE!!
The Cat Hat is always appropriate 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery