Monday, April 23, 2018

L.A. Yarn Crawl Purchases

This is the official tote from 2015. I like the map, so I've added buttons from subsequent years to this bag!

I was VERY good this year. I did not go crazy and buy tons of yarn. I already have tons of yarn at home. I bought some gifts, collected yarn shop buttons for my tote bag, received some free patterns and yes, bought a little bit of yarn and some fabric!
Lots of cool, free patterns

We crawled to nine out of 26 possible shops this year. That's enough for me. I wasn't looking to break a record. My purchases consisted of:
I already owned the "Kat" yarn on the left. I purchased a skein of the solid hot pink to work with the variegated
Another Little Knittery purchase, this adorable puppy!

Yet another Little Knittery purchase. I LOVE these patches!

The Altered Stitch in Valley Village has a wide collection of hand-dyed yarns by local dyers, including Watts Up Yarn Company. I purchased one skein of this neutral colorway.
I've been purchasing more silver-toned yarn to go with my silver hair!
Cascade Pima Cotton from Needlepoints West. I bought enough for a summer top
Kathy, owner and expert dyer at Twist, offered this gorgeous colorway!
I already started this Baby Boy Afghan (Sunny Spread by Ellen Gormley) from yarn purchased at The Knitting Tree
The Knitting Tree is really my home shop, along with my other favorite The Little Knittery. Both shops offer high and low-end yarns, accessories and a warm, welcome atmosphere! The Knitting Tree has the added feature of being next door to the Sew Together Lounge fabric shop! Salesperson extraordinaire, Ms. Natalie of Hollywood, sold me this cool test pattern fabric. I know that Mr. Larry would love to have a shirt made out of this!
Test Pattern Fabric from the Sew Together Lounge

It was a wonderful yarn crawl. I had fun BOTH days. Tomorrow I will post photos of Day 2 of our crawl.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

Hi -
I LOVE that test pattern fabric. Do you know the name of the manufacturer and/or the name of the fabric design?
I'd like to buy some myself. Perhaps I can contact the fabric shop and they can ship some to me.

Betty

 
At 8:29 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Betty! I'll take a photo of the selvedge info and send you an e-mail!

 
At 8:35 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Betty! Just found this link: http://qtfabrics.com/fabrics/search-results.asp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery